In England, are people with an ASD considered disabled and/or vulnerable under English Law?

In England, under English Law (Mental Health Capacity Act, Vunerable Adults Act, Disability Discrimination Act, Equalities Act, Autism Act, etc), are adults with an ASD considered to be disabled, mentally disabled, vulnerable adults, or similar?

And if so, what are the legal rights of such ASD suffers, what are they entitled to that differ from a non-ASD person, so on and so forth, etc? 

(I have Asperger Syndrome and suffer badly from depression, anxiety, paranoia, fear for the future, difficulty coping with change, etc.  So I am wondering whether I am considered as having a disablity, a mental disability, and/or considered a vulnerable adult.)

Parents
  • I doubt whether Speilburg can have ASD. In our unequal, competitive society  it is hard for someone with ASD to be that successful. And why would Speilburg want a diagnosis if he is coping so well in the first place? It seems like anyone can claim they have AS nowadays  if they are a bit eccentric or odd, and it annoys me because most people with AS proper, no matter how able and high-functioning, no matter how  social and chatty, live with Theory of Mind difficulties, anxiety, rigidness and a social disconnect that can lead to low-self esteem. I am very high-functioning, social, chatty, and can pass for NT. But I cannot live a normal life because of my TOM difficulties, anxiety, obsessions and difficulty with unstructured social interactions. I hope to get a decent job in the future and to find a partner, but I am not in denial about my difficulties. I will always have them even if  with support they can be modified.

I don't wish to be dogmatic in my assertions, but I am stating how I feel, and of course everyone has different opinions.

• I doubt whether Speilburg can have ASD. In our unequal, competitive society  it is hard for someone with ASD to be that successful. And why would Speilburg want a diagnosis if he is coping so well in the first place? It seems like anyone can claim they have AS nowadays  if they are a bit eccentric or odd, and it annoys me because most people with AS proper, no matter how able and high-functioning, no matter how  social and chatty, live with Theory of Mind difficulties, anxiety, rigidness and a social disconnect that can lead to low-self esteem. I am very high-functioning, social, chatty, and can pass for NT. But I cannot live a normal life because of my TOM difficulties, anxiety, obsessions and difficulty with unstructured social interactions. I hope to get a decent job in the future and to find a partner, but I am not in denial about my difficulties. I will always have them even if  with support they can be modified.

I don't wish to be dogmatic in my assertions, but I am stating how I feel, and of course everyone has different opinions.

Children
No Data