Disability facility grant for bathroom

Hello all :) I have a son who's 4 with autism I'm a private tenant and have spoken to my landlord who's happy with it to ask for a wet room style bathroom for my son I was wondering where I stand on this with a dfg and has anyone had one done any advice would be grateful 

Parents
  • Hi, I'm an OT with Social Services. You need to call the SOcial Services in your area and ask for a referral to their OT Team or child OT services as you require an OT assessment for recommendation for a DFG to adapt the bathroom into a wet room (we call them level access showers). It is OT's (sorry, occupational therapists) in SOcial Services who make the referrals to Housing Grants for DFG. 

You do not have to have a social worker or assistance with care issues. The eligibiilty criteria for DFG is normally less than for anything else Social Services provide. It varies from local authority to local authority. 

Also, as the DFG would be for a child, there is no means test.

• Hi, I'm an OT with Social Services. You need to call the SOcial Services in your area and ask for a referral to their OT Team or child OT services as you require an OT assessment for recommendation for a DFG to adapt the bathroom into a wet room (we call them level access showers). It is OT's (sorry, occupational therapists) in SOcial Services who make the referrals to Housing Grants for DFG. 

You do not have to have a social worker or assistance with care issues. The eligibiilty criteria for DFG is normally less than for anything else Social Services provide. It varies from local authority to local authority. 

Also, as the DFG would be for a child, there is no means test.

Children
No Data