Autistic Film Research - How we view society?

Hello,

My name is Tom, I am an autistic filmmaker who is currently making an art exhibition for my masters about the use headphones as a barrier to society from an autistic eye and I am portraying society in how it is viewed without headphones - from an autistic perspective - and then the more comfortable viewing of the world through listening to headphones.

I know personally without headphones I really struggle with eye contact - as the pupils seem to burn mine - and hate queuing or people approaching me.

So I was wondering what other people struggle or dislike when out in society as I would like to include these suggestions so as to create a more rounded piece and not just about my feelings when I have no headphone barrier to the world - it could be anything from people eating to staring to all sorts I would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks everyone,

Tom

Parents
  • Longman will you take a look at my post on the diagnoses and assment part of the forum please and tell me what you think? you seem very knowledgeable and i am sick to death of battering my head against a brick wall. thanks in advance x

• Longman will you take a look at my post on the diagnoses and assment part of the forum please and tell me what you think? you seem very knowledgeable and i am sick to death of battering my head against a brick wall. thanks in advance x

Children
No Data