Aspergers and too much empathy

I have always found people hard to deal with and social situations and all the usual things I guess but also have problems with feeling too much. Almost like anything I feel is amplified and at times it's like walking into a room causes all the feelings of others to wash over me and it has felt like I could feel what others are feeling.

i now almost seem to have closed myself off and am, I guess, colder than I once was. Coping mechanism I guess

However this always confused me in that I suspected Aspergers but associated that with a lack of empathy. Looking at studies seems to indicate there is a school of thought that too much empathy May be a trait in some sufferers.

Does anyone else have these issues?

Parents
  • Yes. Statement made that is generalising trIts of autism when it's not always correct. there is a lot of misinformation out there, such as savant behaviour of autistics (as Hollywood seem to always suggest in movies) and the lack of imagination as was discussed in the thread you pointed out

not sure I am making sense. Just seeing how different we all are yet have similar diagnosis. A spectrum obviously... 

• Yes. Statement made that is generalising trIts of autism when it's not always correct. there is a lot of misinformation out there, such as savant behaviour of autistics (as Hollywood seem to always suggest in movies) and the lack of imagination as was discussed in the thread you pointed out

not sure I am making sense. Just seeing how different we all are yet have similar diagnosis. A spectrum obviously... 

Children
No Data