Horizon about Autism Did anyone watch?

I watched a Horizon programme about Autism.

What I liked about the programme was it made clear that most people do the things that Autistic people do.  It is just that Autistic people do those things more than so called NT people.  I do not know what NT means.

There are plenty of people with Social problems who are not Autistic.

There are Mentally Ill people.

If one is blind or deaf it must be more difficult to have Social Skills.

It also said that one gets diagnosed if the clinic you goes to agrees that you are Autistic.  It is a question of chance.  I got my diagnoses as when I was nineteen a Consultant Psychiatrist visited us and said that I was Mildly Autistic.  That was in 1976 and that was the equivalent to Asperger Syndrome.

David 

Parents
  • Yes in explaining Autism one needs to take account of Co- Existion Conditions.

Many Autistic people do not have an eye for detail as they might have Dyspraxia or site problems.  I expect I also have Dyspraxia.  I have poor perception and good verbal reaspining.  I would say I do not have an eye for detail.

David

• Yes in explaining Autism one needs to take account of Co- Existion Conditions.

Many Autistic people do not have an eye for detail as they might have Dyspraxia or site problems.  I expect I also have Dyspraxia.  I have poor perception and good verbal reaspining.  I would say I do not have an eye for detail.

David

Children
No Data