Struggling to find employment

I know that I can do a good job when given the chance, but I struggle so much with interviews that it prevents me from getting a job. It is likely the reason why I have only had temporary employment over the last 10 years or so. Can anyone relate? Any advise? 

Parents
  • Hi Ruby. I struggle a lot with work but more with keeping a job than getting one. 
    As far as interviews go, I will share a trick that tends to work for me. I always view a job interview as if I am an actor playing a role. I learn the answers they are expecting and then repeat them as if it is my script. It helps me cope with interviews. There are lots of websites where you can find model interview answers and stuff

• Thank you Billy, this is exactly what I do. I rehearse the answers. But struggle when they ask the same question in a different way. I struggle to put two and two together at times. I've had approximately 20 jobs over a 14 year period, granted most were temp, so I know I did something right.. keeping those jobs was a problem for me too.

• I totally understand Ruby, I have had over 40 jobs in the last 15 years. My most recent one ended with me having a shutdown and curling up on some steps in the high street after work 

• I totally understand Ruby, I have had over 40 jobs in the last 15 years. My most recent one ended with me having a shutdown and curling up on some steps in the high street after work 

Children
No Data