Work

Hi has any one got advice . I been in my job 22 years and just been put to a disciplinary first time ever . I have just been diagnosed with autism I have always known am different . And some of the things I do annoying . My boss wants to see a copy of my autism assessment but the some quite personal stuff on the . Can he use it against me 

Parents
  • As Mr T has said, you've got a lot of protections now you've been formally diagnosed.  These protections are under the Equality Act 2010 - read a bit more here -> https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health/seeking-help/asking-for-reasonable-adjustments

I wanted to pick up the part about the autism assessment.  Your employer is not entitled to this at all, your boss should not ask for the assessment as they have no reasonable reason to see it.  What you might need to provide is a confirmation of your diagnosis by the organisation that did it.  I had to go private for my assessment but I was provided with both the full assessment detailing my diagnosis and a short letter signed by the senior psychologist stating that I "met the criteria for Autism under DSM" etc.  The short letter is what I use if I have to prove my diagnosis, so that's what my employer got, not the full assessment.

• As Mr T has said, you've got a lot of protections now you've been formally diagnosed.  These protections are under the Equality Act 2010 - read a bit more here -> https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health/seeking-help/asking-for-reasonable-adjustments

I wanted to pick up the part about the autism assessment.  Your employer is not entitled to this at all, your boss should not ask for the assessment as they have no reasonable reason to see it.  What you might need to provide is a confirmation of your diagnosis by the organisation that did it.  I had to go private for my assessment but I was provided with both the full assessment detailing my diagnosis and a short letter signed by the senior psychologist stating that I "met the criteria for Autism under DSM" etc.  The short letter is what I use if I have to prove my diagnosis, so that's what my employer got, not the full assessment.

Children
No Data