Work

Hi has any one got advice . I been in my job 22 years and just been put to a disciplinary first time ever . I have just been diagnosed with autism I have always known am different . And some of the things I do annoying . My boss wants to see a copy of my autism assessment but the some quite personal stuff on the . Can he use it against me 

Parents
  • Hi

Being on a disciplinary will depend on what it is for. But it would be very dangerous for your employer to do this this considering your diagnosis. If the events can be explained by your ASD this would be, under the equality act 2010, illegal in my opinion. They must consider what reasonable adjustments would help not only in this situation but your working life as a whole.

Do you have an HR or occupational health department? If so you could share a copy with them and ask for it not to be disclosed except the diagnosis with your manager.

My experience is that I ask for help and shared a redacted diagnosis letter but have found out that instead of support my manager is using stereotypical bias deeming all my support requests as unreasonable and pushing redeployment from my role which I have been doing in various forms for over thirty years. I am still fighting along with my union as I have been advised to go through the process before we consider a tribunal.

My advice speak to a union or an employment lawyer. get everything in writing.

Sorry can't help much without knowing your full situation.

• Hi

Being on a disciplinary will depend on what it is for. But it would be very dangerous for your employer to do this this considering your diagnosis. If the events can be explained by your ASD this would be, under the equality act 2010, illegal in my opinion. They must consider what reasonable adjustments would help not only in this situation but your working life as a whole.

Do you have an HR or occupational health department? If so you could share a copy with them and ask for it not to be disclosed except the diagnosis with your manager.

My experience is that I ask for help and shared a redacted diagnosis letter but have found out that instead of support my manager is using stereotypical bias deeming all my support requests as unreasonable and pushing redeployment from my role which I have been doing in various forms for over thirty years. I am still fighting along with my union as I have been advised to go through the process before we consider a tribunal.

My advice speak to a union or an employment lawyer. get everything in writing.

Sorry can't help much without knowing your full situation.

Children
No Data