Doubting my diagnosis - (The condition formerly known as) Aspergers & ADHD

Do any other men watch the Aspergers videos on YouTube and hardly relate at all (I was late diagnosed recently, in my 30s)? I seem to have none of the sensory difficulties, I have friends etc. I had to learn social norms later on like when to say 'hello' to people late on and often felt alienated because of this. I have OCD and have had depression and struggled with anxiety and previously had anxious ticks in the form of a neck twitch and quivering lip (They seem to have gone away and were not very frequent and always brought on by anxiety).

I don't know if I mask or not. I don't think I stim. I am just doubting I am autistic, but I have had problems with my speed, perfectionism and strong sense of justice in the workplace. I am actually now quite good with a number of social situations (maybe because I have had to learn), but get anxiety and have gastrointestinal issues which seem to have started to develop in my late 20's. I am just wondering if anyone else feels like an imposter i.e., doubts their Aspergers diagnosis for these or similar reasons?

I was also diagnosed as the attention defecit type of ADHD, but don't believe this either. Vyvanse did nothing except maybe gave me insomnia.

Parents
  • There's the saying, "when you've met one austic person, you've met... one autistic person". I think when I get my diagnosis, this will be my mantra in defence against "you don't seem autistic compared to others I've known". 

So I don't think you need to tick every box for the thing to be valid. And don't let others make you feel like you're an imposter!

• There's the saying, "when you've met one austic person, you've met... one autistic person". I think when I get my diagnosis, this will be my mantra in defence against "you don't seem autistic compared to others I've known". 

So I don't think you need to tick every box for the thing to be valid. And don't let others make you feel like you're an imposter!

Children