Adult Woman Resources Help please

Hi. I am 63 and for a few years my son & his wife have told me they think I’m autistic. I know I am sensitive to noise & smells but just thought that’s me. I can also be blunt & direct (or as they say no filter) and I tell people oh that is just my weirdness. However, the other day a colleague asked me if I was. I asked her to tell me specifically why she thought that. As there is no point telling me you think, I am if you can’t say why?

since then I have looked into this a bit and can tick a lot of boxes and more things I do  make sense now. I will be visiting the doctor to see about getting diagnosed however wondered if any knew if a good book I could read about autism in women. 

by the way. Now I know what my ‘weirdness’ may be. It’s like my brains has said “finally, we are there Rolling eyes

thanks for you help 

Parents
  • I've not found any books that have been helpful, but I did watch Christine McGuiness' 'Unmasking My Autism' and found I really related to it, in fat I'd never felt so represented on autism ever as it's British and about women. I find a lot of material is American and about children and parenting.

• I've not found any books that have been helpful, but I did watch Christine McGuiness' 'Unmasking My Autism' and found I really related to it, in fat I'd never felt so represented on autism ever as it's British and about women. I find a lot of material is American and about children and parenting.

Children
No Data