Adult Woman Resources Help please

Hi. I am 63 and for a few years my son & his wife have told me they think I’m autistic. I know I am sensitive to noise & smells but just thought that’s me. I can also be blunt & direct (or as they say no filter) and I tell people oh that is just my weirdness. However, the other day a colleague asked me if I was. I asked her to tell me specifically why she thought that. As there is no point telling me you think, I am if you can’t say why?

since then I have looked into this a bit and can tick a lot of boxes and more things I do  make sense now. I will be visiting the doctor to see about getting diagnosed however wondered if any knew if a good book I could read about autism in women. 

by the way. Now I know what my ‘weirdness’ may be. It’s like my brains has said “finally, we are there Rolling eyes

thanks for you help 

Parents
  • I've recently finished reading 'Women and Girls on the Autism Spectrum' by Sarah Hendrickx. It was on the list of recommended books on my post diagnostic support pack and the only one that kept my attention. I found a lot of it very relatable and helpful.

• I've recently finished reading 'Women and Girls on the Autism Spectrum' by Sarah Hendrickx. It was on the list of recommended books on my post diagnostic support pack and the only one that kept my attention. I found a lot of it very relatable and helpful.

Children