Reasonable adjustments at work

Hi all,

I’ve recently received my official autism diagnosis after my assessment and I now know I need to ask for adjustments at work to help me manage life better. 

however, I’m terrified about asking my employer for anything, and I know I’ll give in and just accept anything they say. I work shifts and having gone through the autistic society website I know I have hypersomnia, and combined with early shifts (0258, 0325, 0430, 0442 starts) I’m constantly tired and know that moving to later starts would be beneficial to me. However, the late finishes (0141, 0037, 0041) would conversely also leave me tired in the morning. Does that make sense? 

can anyone offer advice on how I can go about asking for adjustments to help me and stop me just accepting anything the company offer. Previously I’ve asked for help with our shifts that involve taxis, having the lack of control over them and having to be social terrifies me and causes great anxiety, but I was basically told they’d give me an app to help me know when taxis are here, and I just blindly agreed, and the taxi problem hasn’t gone away, but my manager thinks it has because I don’t want to make a fuss. 

I’ve got a meeting soon but I am worried nothing will change and I’ll have to continue masking just for an easy life, where I know reasonable adjustments would help me loads.

hope this makes some sense

Parents Reply Children
No Data