Do you think it is possible to change my special interest?

I know that special interests can change over time, but do you think it's possible to choose to change your special interest? Current special interest causing a lot of pain :-(

Parents
  • I watched a video some time ago, unfortunately it was in German not in English. The channel is “Tom Harrendorf- Autismus und borderline” the author talked about special interests being usually random things that for some reason absorb us so much that they become our special interest. In my case all of my interests I’ve ever had were random. Starting with the trams. In kindergarten I was not interested with my peers, while traveling I observed the tram, the parts, I also observed how it moved on the rails, that the rail profile fits the wheel and the rails are not equally situated on the turns, and other things. Tram was also one of my first words I spoke at 3 years old, earlier I didn’t speak at all. I definitely didn’t choose this to be my interest. I just loved trams and still like them. Only some noises and smells there bother me. Especially the smell of sweating people when it’s hot. My other interest - Russian also started somehow spontaneously. UFO started with the Bible. And it was also accidentally. But maybe someone’s interests are more consciously chosen. 

• I watched a video some time ago, unfortunately it was in German not in English. The channel is “Tom Harrendorf- Autismus und borderline” the author talked about special interests being usually random things that for some reason absorb us so much that they become our special interest. In my case all of my interests I’ve ever had were random. Starting with the trams. In kindergarten I was not interested with my peers, while traveling I observed the tram, the parts, I also observed how it moved on the rails, that the rail profile fits the wheel and the rails are not equally situated on the turns, and other things. Tram was also one of my first words I spoke at 3 years old, earlier I didn’t speak at all. I definitely didn’t choose this to be my interest. I just loved trams and still like them. Only some noises and smells there bother me. Especially the smell of sweating people when it’s hot. My other interest - Russian also started somehow spontaneously. UFO started with the Bible. And it was also accidentally. But maybe someone’s interests are more consciously chosen. 

Children
No Data