Weddings, whats the point?

I've never seen the point of weddings, especially the big fancy ones costing tens of thousands. All  the traditions around them like black cats, something old, something new something borrowed and something blue, the ride and groom not seeing them until the ceremoney and the groom not being allowed to see the wedding dress, all that stuff. Let alone the embarassment of having to do it all IN PUBLIC!

Parents
  • Being married to my wife is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I love being married, its everything I ever dreamed it would be. 
    However, I disliked much of my wedding day. I hated the idea of having a wedding and a lot of it felt like an ordeal I had to get through rather than something to enjoy. I didn't understand why I had to wear a shirt and tie and invite all these people and have it so public. Me and my wife initially wanted to just elope and get married in a registry office up north with no one there and no fuss but we bowed to societal pressure in the end

A lot of these traditions make no sense and also the social occasions that come with them are extremely overwhelming 

• Being married to my wife is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I love being married, its everything I ever dreamed it would be. 
    However, I disliked much of my wedding day. I hated the idea of having a wedding and a lot of it felt like an ordeal I had to get through rather than something to enjoy. I didn't understand why I had to wear a shirt and tie and invite all these people and have it so public. Me and my wife initially wanted to just elope and get married in a registry office up north with no one there and no fuss but we bowed to societal pressure in the end

A lot of these traditions make no sense and also the social occasions that come with them are extremely overwhelming 

Children
No Data