Has anyone had an MRI scan before?

Hi sorry to ask this I don’t mean to cause offence. The reason I am asking is because I am having an MRI on Wednesday and I am absolutely terrified. I have been really ill having dizzy spells, headaches and sometimes vomiting. It’s like being drunk when I’m not. My friend who is also on the spectrum is taking me up in his car and is going to stay with me to offer support. The biggest issue is the dark tunnel and the noise when inside. I have had what I call freak outs which are mini metal downs over it. I have thought about cancelling but my friend keeps telling me don’t Rachel or you’ll regret it. I am going to take with me my favourite toy my pink squishmallow called cookie I hope that is allowed. If anyone wishes to share their experience with me I would really appreciate it. I am sorry for bringing a potentially sensitive topic up as well I wouldn’t have but I am really freaking out about this whole thing.

Parents
  • I had two MRIs done. My experience has been that the tunnel is not dark but it is quiet. You lie on a platform with a neck support that keeps you from rolling your head from side to side. There's a microphone and speaker built into the system so that you may hear the technician and that person may hear you. 

• I had two MRIs done. My experience has been that the tunnel is not dark but it is quiet. You lie on a platform with a neck support that keeps you from rolling your head from side to side. There's a microphone and speaker built into the system so that you may hear the technician and that person may hear you. 

Children
No Data