Has anyone had an MRI scan before?

Hi sorry to ask this I don’t mean to cause offence. The reason I am asking is because I am having an MRI on Wednesday and I am absolutely terrified. I have been really ill having dizzy spells, headaches and sometimes vomiting. It’s like being drunk when I’m not. My friend who is also on the spectrum is taking me up in his car and is going to stay with me to offer support. The biggest issue is the dark tunnel and the noise when inside. I have had what I call freak outs which are mini metal downs over it. I have thought about cancelling but my friend keeps telling me don’t Rachel or you’ll regret it. I am going to take with me my favourite toy my pink squishmallow called cookie I hope that is allowed. If anyone wishes to share their experience with me I would really appreciate it. I am sorry for bringing a potentially sensitive topic up as well I wouldn’t have but I am really freaking out about this whole thing.

Parents
  • I'd like to back up what AuTriker has said.

While I have not had an MRI, I did have an ultrasound, and for me gel is one of the worst textures in the world. 

We contacted the hospital, and my hospital has a learning disability and autism team who went to go talk to the clinician who was going to do my appointment. They made sure no one was after me so that we could do it slowly a bit at a time and I could take breaks where necessary and had a lot of sensory supports. 

I'm sure if you tell them they will better be able to support you to the best of their ability. 

• I'd like to back up what AuTriker has said.

While I have not had an MRI, I did have an ultrasound, and for me gel is one of the worst textures in the world. 

We contacted the hospital, and my hospital has a learning disability and autism team who went to go talk to the clinician who was going to do my appointment. They made sure no one was after me so that we could do it slowly a bit at a time and I could take breaks where necessary and had a lot of sensory supports. 

I'm sure if you tell them they will better be able to support you to the best of their ability. 

Children
No Data