Recommendations for private autism diagnosis

Hi, first time on here. Our doctors suspect that our 19 year old daughter has autism. We’ve been told that the waiting list for NHS autism diagnosis is 4 years. I’m willing to pay for an assessment, can anybody recommend a private autism diagnosis group? Thanks, David

Parents
  • If she is still offering the same services, I would unreservedly recommend Sara Heath from Shropshire Autonomy (https://shropshireautonomy.co.uk/) as a possible assessment route for your daughter. You should be able to search the community posts here and see that others have also previously recommended her too. Sara is a non-medical Autism expert who previously worked privately with an NHS psychiatrist in order to provide a fairly low-cost full diagnosis route. I say "previously" because her website has been updated since I used her services and it is not clear whether she still provides the full diagnosis route or just pre-diagnosis. When I used her services, Sara did a pre-assessment before referring me to the psychiatrist, so it worked out considerably cheaper than some other private providers. She will only refer you to the psychiatrist if she is confident that there is enough evidence for a medical diagnosis. I used her for my diagnosis a couple of years ago (age 50) and have no regrets whatsoever. I think it was about 3 months from my first contact with her to full diagnosis. I would recommend contacting Sara directly to see if she would still be able help your daughter with a full diagnosis, Please let me know if you have any questions. 

• If she is still offering the same services, I would unreservedly recommend Sara Heath from Shropshire Autonomy (https://shropshireautonomy.co.uk/) as a possible assessment route for your daughter. You should be able to search the community posts here and see that others have also previously recommended her too. Sara is a non-medical Autism expert who previously worked privately with an NHS psychiatrist in order to provide a fairly low-cost full diagnosis route. I say "previously" because her website has been updated since I used her services and it is not clear whether she still provides the full diagnosis route or just pre-diagnosis. When I used her services, Sara did a pre-assessment before referring me to the psychiatrist, so it worked out considerably cheaper than some other private providers. She will only refer you to the psychiatrist if she is confident that there is enough evidence for a medical diagnosis. I used her for my diagnosis a couple of years ago (age 50) and have no regrets whatsoever. I think it was about 3 months from my first contact with her to full diagnosis. I would recommend contacting Sara directly to see if she would still be able help your daughter with a full diagnosis, Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Children
No Data