Recommendations for private autism diagnosis

Hi, first time on here. Our doctors suspect that our 19 year old daughter has autism. We’ve been told that the waiting list for NHS autism diagnosis is 4 years. I’m willing to pay for an assessment, can anybody recommend a private autism diagnosis group? Thanks, David

Parents
  • Hi there,

I went through NHS right to chose via Psychiatry UK, if you google it it will come up. I had to complete a self report questionnaire and then take a template letter (from the website) to my GP and ask him to refer to them. In total the whole process took 9 months. In between then I was sent forms to complete both myself and a family member to support the assessment.

obviously private will be quicker but this is also another option . Hope this helps.

• Hi there,

I went through NHS right to chose via Psychiatry UK, if you google it it will come up. I had to complete a self report questionnaire and then take a template letter (from the website) to my GP and ask him to refer to them. In total the whole process took 9 months. In between then I was sent forms to complete both myself and a family member to support the assessment.

obviously private will be quicker but this is also another option . Hope this helps.

Children