Wanna make friends, but have a hard time finding chemistry with other people.

I have two close friends. One I talk with daily, the other I talk with as much as I can, though their own ND traits sees them isolate now and again.

In both of these cases, they're really the ones that wanted to get to know me, while I let my guard down and let them. I need to learn to make friends for myself, but I'm a serial overthinker and get really caught up in the technical aspects of getting to know people. I can do chit chat, but getting more personal with someone and fostering an actual friendship seems really hard if I'm the one that has to take the initiative for it.

I'm 32m, like tabletop role playing games, writing, symphonic power metal, and video games. I like making silly jokes and analysing things from narrative, psychological and philosophical perspectives. What I like about role playing is exploring ways of thinking different from my own, trying to put myself in unfamiliar shoes. Writing, or at least planning a story, exercises my brain in a way that feels natural, trying to build a world from the ground up. I love the fusion of orchestra and power metal that creates this really big, expansive feeling. And video games let me solve problems in a low risk, fun environment. The silly jokes are a symptom of comedic sadism. The louder the groan, the better.

Does anyone here have any common interests? What do you like about them? Are there any particular examples you'd like to share?