Meltdowns

Lost.another pair of glasses yesterday. By 'lost' I mean I literally wrung them with my hands and destroyed them. Luckily my phone was not on hand, otherwise.....I would have no phone. I dont get bad meltdowns often, but does anyone else do stupid stuff like that? Doesnt make sense afterwards because i really need my glasses lol 

Parents
  • Oh absolutely. I had a recent heated talk with my father and felt like I could have done that very same thing with my glasses. Instead, my go-to has been swinging a blunt instrument into my wardrobe. Yeah kinda extreme, but I don't feel as bad damaging my own property.

I do get the irrational side of the rage too. The drawer of our dishwasher sticks often when you try to pull it out. Monkey brain has definitely kicked in and at least once seen it violently yanked out, never mind the potential damage to the dishwasher, or the strewn cutlery.

• Oh absolutely. I had a recent heated talk with my father and felt like I could have done that very same thing with my glasses. Instead, my go-to has been swinging a blunt instrument into my wardrobe. Yeah kinda extreme, but I don't feel as bad damaging my own property.

I do get the irrational side of the rage too. The drawer of our dishwasher sticks often when you try to pull it out. Monkey brain has definitely kicked in and at least once seen it violently yanked out, never mind the potential damage to the dishwasher, or the strewn cutlery.

Children