Sudden hunger or thirst

I feel fine then suddenly I am starving or very thirsty and its like I'm a baby, I just have to eat or drink immediately.  It's odd and can be inconvenient.  I need to make sure I have supplies with me if I go out incase it happens.  Just wondering if its a shared autistic thing or not. Anyone else have this? 

Parents
  • I used to get this, but I changed the way I eat and now don't need to snack between meals. Our bodies crave routines, and to know when food will arrive. I eat meals at regular times. You might like to look into how to keep your blood sugar more regulated, that will cut down the craving for immediate food. I don't think it's related to autism, I just didn't understand how to best fuel my body.

• I used to get this, but I changed the way I eat and now don't need to snack between meals. Our bodies crave routines, and to know when food will arrive. I eat meals at regular times. You might like to look into how to keep your blood sugar more regulated, that will cut down the craving for immediate food. I don't think it's related to autism, I just didn't understand how to best fuel my body.

Children
No Data