My child won’t wear clothes

Hi I have a 4 year old son who has autism, he’s non verbal and has severe learning difficulties. He tends to go through phases but then comes out of them onto something else but this time it has stuck. He won’t wear trouser shorts or any other type of clothing such as dungarees . I have spent so much money on clothes from websites that cater to children with special needs such as clothes with the zip on the back he just pulls his nappy through the fabric and deliberately makes a mess so I would take it off. I have tried different materials and textures but nothing works. He’s starting back at school in September and I don’t know what to do as he won’t keep his clothes on and won’t even let me put them on him. If anyone has any advice on what else I could do I would really appreciate it 

Parents
  • So I had something similar.my little one like to wear the same time all the time or not wear anything at all. He did try and take his clothing off at school. Out school were not so understanding as he did not have his test then but we ask our one if he wanted to put his socks on him self and so on it tuck a wile but he ended up getting his uniform on. Don't get me wrong some days he will put his jumper on first then top but we let him as it's the only way he will go to school some times 

Hope this helps . 

• So I had something similar.my little one like to wear the same time all the time or not wear anything at all. He did try and take his clothing off at school. Out school were not so understanding as he did not have his test then but we ask our one if he wanted to put his socks on him self and so on it tuck a wile but he ended up getting his uniform on. Don't get me wrong some days he will put his jumper on first then top but we let him as it's the only way he will go to school some times 

Hope this helps . 

Children
No Data