Even my friends seem to be ghosting me now!

I made 3 friends on here in the 2nd half of last year. I’ve not heard from any of them since April! And I’ve still not met any of them! I’ve invited all 3 of them to come and visit me, and every time I didn’t even get a reply.

Is there something about autism that makes people less likely to keep in touch with their friends or something? Other than anxiety about travelling (which wouldn’t affect e-mailing me) I’m not aware of anything.

And none of them have replied to my e-mail asking for contact details either so I don’t know any of their phone numbers, so I can’t contact them that way to ask what’s going on.

They all tell me (or did until April) that I’m lovely and wonderful and yet they’re all acting as if they don’t want to meet me. I don’t understand why!

Parents
  • Meeting somebody online is kind of a big deal, even if they live relatively close. You've got to be quite self assured to even try it. It's a bold move to travel somewhere and meet a stranger. Even for a man. You don't know what you're walking into. Even if you think its safe. Even if everybody is who they say they are. There's a lot of variables.

• I've met quite a few people from the internet. We will always tend to meet in a public place though, and have texted quite a bit beforehand. Plus voice/video calls. 

I do like to make that progression as soon as (provided it's mutual) because I don't want a repeat of what I had once - speaking to someone online for 1.5 years, then we met and there was no chemistry at all. I'd rather know sooner.

• I've met quite a few people from the internet. We will always tend to meet in a public place though, and have texted quite a bit beforehand. Plus voice/video calls. 

I do like to make that progression as soon as (provided it's mutual) because I don't want a repeat of what I had once - speaking to someone online for 1.5 years, then we met and there was no chemistry at all. I'd rather know sooner.

Children
No Data