Even my friends seem to be ghosting me now!

I made 3 friends on here in the 2nd half of last year. I’ve not heard from any of them since April! And I’ve still not met any of them! I’ve invited all 3 of them to come and visit me, and every time I didn’t even get a reply.

Is there something about autism that makes people less likely to keep in touch with their friends or something? Other than anxiety about travelling (which wouldn’t affect e-mailing me) I’m not aware of anything.

And none of them have replied to my e-mail asking for contact details either so I don’t know any of their phone numbers, so I can’t contact them that way to ask what’s going on.

They all tell me (or did until April) that I’m lovely and wonderful and yet they’re all acting as if they don’t want to meet me. I don’t understand why!

Parents
  • I would have never ever pay a home visit to someone who I know only from emails or messages. It’s dangerous. I’m not saying that you are psychopath or something, but there are many. There are also people in this forum who feel uncomfortable accepting or sending friendship requests. And I fully respect that and not getting upset, I just enjoy communication on here. With friendships it needs time. I know, it’s easy to say harder to do, but especially we sometimes need to wait longer to find the soulmate. I have one friend in real life, we met in high school and we are friends since then. It was not always perfect, but we survived some storms. One thing I told myself long time ago: forced friendship will not go. In some cases it was me ghosting someone, because the person was too talkative and I felt literally sick and drained out of energy after 1 hour interaction with her. She was nice and good, but I couldn’t cope with the flood of words and her topics changed quickly. So there are many reasons why friendships may end. Most important thing is finding someone we feel good with (applies to both sides). 

• I would have never ever pay a home visit to someone who I know only from emails or messages. It’s dangerous. I’m not saying that you are psychopath or something, but there are many. There are also people in this forum who feel uncomfortable accepting or sending friendship requests. And I fully respect that and not getting upset, I just enjoy communication on here. With friendships it needs time. I know, it’s easy to say harder to do, but especially we sometimes need to wait longer to find the soulmate. I have one friend in real life, we met in high school and we are friends since then. It was not always perfect, but we survived some storms. One thing I told myself long time ago: forced friendship will not go. In some cases it was me ghosting someone, because the person was too talkative and I felt literally sick and drained out of energy after 1 hour interaction with her. She was nice and good, but I couldn’t cope with the flood of words and her topics changed quickly. So there are many reasons why friendships may end. Most important thing is finding someone we feel good with (applies to both sides). 

Children
No Data