Even my friends seem to be ghosting me now!

I made 3 friends on here in the 2nd half of last year. I’ve not heard from any of them since April! And I’ve still not met any of them! I’ve invited all 3 of them to come and visit me, and every time I didn’t even get a reply.

Is there something about autism that makes people less likely to keep in touch with their friends or something? Other than anxiety about travelling (which wouldn’t affect e-mailing me) I’m not aware of anything.

And none of them have replied to my e-mail asking for contact details either so I don’t know any of their phone numbers, so I can’t contact them that way to ask what’s going on.

They all tell me (or did until April) that I’m lovely and wonderful and yet they’re all acting as if they don’t want to meet me. I don’t understand why!

Parents
  • Hi Mark from another Mark. I've not been around very long, but isn't this all meant to be anonymous? I would be ultra careful about sharing details and I'm not particularly vulnerable. I've seen a high turnover on here too with people deciding to take a break and even leaving.

Also just getting out there can be a scary thought for a lot of people here.

Are there any autistic meet ups near where you live? I've signed up for a local scheme with walks, cinema and the like. I've not done one yet because I have only just been accepted.

• Hi Mark from another Mark. I've not been around very long, but isn't this all meant to be anonymous? I would be ultra careful about sharing details and I'm not particularly vulnerable. I've seen a high turnover on here too with people deciding to take a break and even leaving.

Also just getting out there can be a scary thought for a lot of people here.

Are there any autistic meet ups near where you live? I've signed up for a local scheme with walks, cinema and the like. I've not done one yet because I have only just been accepted.

Children
No Data