What's the best book you've read recently on understanding ASD, and finding strategies to better manage symptoms?

I've just freed up some space on my bookshelf for some new books, and was wondering? 

I've bought Tony Attwood's 'Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome' which I've really enjoyed. From what I've read of it so far, its factually based, easy to read and also gives workable strategies to manage symptoms. Out of all the chapters I've read I personally relate to the one written on emotions the most.

Are there any other books you'd recommend? I'd prefer to read books which don't understand the condition from a 'I'm on a spectrum, and this is my lived experience activist mentality'  but more from scientific perspective or from the perspective of a phycologist/psychiatrist 

Personally I'm high functioning. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was 5, and Dyspraxia when I was a teenager. As an adult, I've had no issues whatsoever with managing money, cooking for myself or my work ethic or education (I have a high 2:1 Masters degree). Reason why I ask is that I've had depression/anxiety for a number of years and have been unable to work since finishing my degree, (although I have applied for over 100 jobs without much success). My psychiatrist (NHS with 30+ years experience) is thinking that my Autism might be exacerbating my low mood (rigid thinking), particularly when I shared my history of past self-esteem and bullying during my teenage years. 

Parents
  • You might like "The Autism Spectrum Disorder Workbook" by Karen J. Goldfinger. It's pretty practical and focuses on strategies for managing symptoms from a scientific perspective. Another solid option is "Neurotribes" by Steve Silberman.

• You might like "The Autism Spectrum Disorder Workbook" by Karen J. Goldfinger. It's pretty practical and focuses on strategies for managing symptoms from a scientific perspective. Another solid option is "Neurotribes" by Steve Silberman.

Children