Autism and Buddhism

Hi 

just wondering if there are any Buddhists out there who are also autistic. And if so does it help? Thanks 

Parents
  • I have practiced Buddhism for more than 20 years. It literally was my lifeline and got me through some incredibly difficult times/years. 

Since learning that I'm Autistic in November, I've stepped away from it. I'm trying to work out who I am. It was a huge part of my life, so it's unlikely that I won't return to it at some point. But right now I am on a journey of discovery. Albeit one where I feel like I'm walking on stepping stones, and sometimes the ones beneath my feet allude me. X

• I have practiced Buddhism for more than 20 years. It literally was my lifeline and got me through some incredibly difficult times/years. 

Since learning that I'm Autistic in November, I've stepped away from it. I'm trying to work out who I am. It was a huge part of my life, so it's unlikely that I won't return to it at some point. But right now I am on a journey of discovery. Albeit one where I feel like I'm walking on stepping stones, and sometimes the ones beneath my feet allude me. X

Children
No Data