Autism and Buddhism

Hi 

just wondering if there are any Buddhists out there who are also autistic. And if so does it help? Thanks 

Parents
  • I'm not Buddhist, but I have studied religion, and my conclusion is that Buddhism makes the most logical sense. It is based on compassion for the self as well as the community, so feels well-balanced between societal wellbeing and personal wellbeing. Mindfulness has been successfully practised around the world, as a practice for managing pain, stress, anxiety... and relies on finding/experiencing the 'answers' from within, rather than believing what others say. 

If I were to choose a religion, I'd choose Buddhism as it extends to all forms of life, not just the humans. It feels universal, if that makes sense? Maybe I should convert.

• I'm not Buddhist, but I have studied religion, and my conclusion is that Buddhism makes the most logical sense. It is based on compassion for the self as well as the community, so feels well-balanced between societal wellbeing and personal wellbeing. Mindfulness has been successfully practised around the world, as a practice for managing pain, stress, anxiety... and relies on finding/experiencing the 'answers' from within, rather than believing what others say. 

If I were to choose a religion, I'd choose Buddhism as it extends to all forms of life, not just the humans. It feels universal, if that makes sense? Maybe I should convert.

Children
No Data