When do you become an adult?

Yes we all know when the legal definition is, but to me its about so many other things.

Becoming an adult is a process, and not something that happens on your 18th birthday and as a process it should be respected and acknowleged that it happens differently for different people.

Adulthood is often a cultural and social construct too, some cultures encourage their young to be far more independent than others, should we enforce conformity and if we should who's?

Should we hold someone back from doing "adult" things because they're not 18 even when they're ready?

Parents
  • I still feel like im not fully grown up although I do a lot of adult things. I also still do a lot of childish things and I always feel like a child in company of others. Especially NTs. But I remember when I was a kid I often heard that I’m more mature as for my age. Things changed in my adolescence. Then first time I heard that I’m immature. So I’m not sure how adult I actually am. 

• I still feel like im not fully grown up although I do a lot of adult things. I also still do a lot of childish things and I always feel like a child in company of others. Especially NTs. But I remember when I was a kid I often heard that I’m more mature as for my age. Things changed in my adolescence. Then first time I heard that I’m immature. So I’m not sure how adult I actually am. 

Children
No Data