Socks

Hell, new here 

I'm an adult, I've searched & got lost 

Socks - toe seams are killing me, It feels like my toes are being crushed, I've tried to wear inside out, different sizes etc 

Any help greatly appreciated 

• Something that I have never understood is that I have no issue with the toe seams in socks, but I do with hosiery items like tights, stockings, and hold-ups. Thankfully, I seldom have cause to wear such items.

With socks, my main issue tends to be with the fit, especially around the heel. I'm a size 6 and sometimes the fit feels just right and the sock heels align perfectly, but at other times the fit feels too small and tight, or too big and loose.

• I make my own using yarn I like the feel of, in colours I like, that don't have any seams and are not too tight. I also wash them one inside the other so that I never lose one.

• I buy work socks, on a regular basis. My local village has a hardware shop, selling them, as well as an agricultural supply shop at a nearby village. Then, my neighbour told me that a shop in the rival village in my parish also sells work socks.

Saves me a jaunt to the town.

• I dislike socks. 
    It’s not so much the seams, they just make me feel restricted in some way. In fact when I’m on holiday I try not to wear flip flops or sliders as much as possible either… I’m not really that keen with anything on my feet.

At home I am barefoot most of the time unless we have a house full of people and then I would rather keep them protected from other peoples germs Rofl

• TKMaxx used to be my go to for socks

A bit of insight here - my wife used to sell to TKMaxx and they offer really poor deals to suppliers but will let them go for large volume, low margin contracts in stapels like socks or for more "designer" items will buy up old stock and stuff that hasn't sold but pay peanuts for it.

You tend to get a real mish-mash of products which were unsuccessful or built down to a price in there so really need to check stuff thoroughly before buying to make sure it wasn't unsuccessful because the cut/fit is off.

I wouldn't really recommend then to buy stuff you need to repeat as the chance of finding the same thing again isn't high.

• Yes also size 8. I often get mens socks as they come in larger sizes.
    • I have one pair of bamboo socks with gentle grip which is needed to not be too tight, but all my other bamboos have tight grips.
    • Recently I have had a terrible time with tight socks. The warm weather makes my feet swell too. Yes it does feel like they are getting tighter. I think my mens socks shrink over time too and as they are cotton that gets harder.
  • I always walk bare foot at home.  So socks are not an issue, just need very clean carpets.

• Completely understand about teh seams thing. I can't bear to have them the 'right' (ie. insane) way round, with the seam pointing in, so habitually reverse them on purchase, and even double-check after every wash. Sometimes I'll be out walking and it will suddenly hit me that 99.5% of sock-wearers around me are wearing theirs the 'proper' way without having even given it a second thought, and I think two things simultaneously: 'there but for the grace of autism go I...' and 'how strange that it isn't driving them mad... or maybe it is but that's just how you're 'supposed' to have them.'

Needless to say, buying me novelty socks is a pointless exercise, all one would ever see is the 'behind the scenes' side...

• Yes, I have slender ankles too but have found a sock brand that ticks all my boxes!  TKMaxx used to be my go to for socks but I started finding their socks uncomfortable too... I buy Swole Panda branded socks because they come in brilliant designs and my feet smile when I put them on.  I still take them off the first chance I get though as my feet are truly happy when NAKED. :-) - Strange that word didn't get censored. :-)

• I like bamboo socks too, I get them in TKMAXX, they're really comfy. One of the things that bugs me is having size 8 feet ladies socks only go from 4-7, poorly fitting socks are as bad a poorly fitting shoes in my opinion.

Does anyone else find that the elasticated tops of socks seem to be gettting smaller and cutting in more? I have skinny lower legs and ankles and find I'm having to get socks with honeycomb elastic that are made for diabetics, luckily I can still get these in bamboo.

• I wear mens socks in bamboo which work well for me but go bare foot as soon as I'm back home....