Reading difficulties related to autism?

When I read I have a hard time with remembering the names of the characters in the books. I don't remember having this problem up until about two years ago. 

It's put me off reading a little because by the end I've got the plot ingrained in my memory but can't remember who's who. Frustrating isn't in it!

Is this an autism thing? I didn't consider this before but now I've had a bit of time to think it over I was wondering if it might be an autistic quirk I've somehow acquired. 

Parents
  • I didn't consider this before but now I've had a bit of time to think it over I was wondering if it might be an autistic quirk I've somehow acquired. 

This came to me in my 40s and I don't recall it from before then.

It could be age related decline of just an accumulation of autistic traumas, names from work you need to remenber etc leaving less capacity for trivial stuff like characters in books.

• I didn't consider this before but now I've had a bit of time to think it over I was wondering if it might be an autistic quirk I've somehow acquired. 

This came to me in my 40s and I don't recall it from before then.

It could be age related decline of just an accumulation of autistic traumas, names from work you need to remenber etc leaving less capacity for trivial stuff like characters in books.

Children
No Data