Are we happy with the general election result?

Just wondered if people on here are happy or unhappy at the general election result last week? I stayed up most of the night to watch the results come in. 

It would be wonderful if we could have a calm, logical, reasoned political discussion on here that doesn't result in anger, name calling and the mods locking the thread

Come on guys lets prove we can do it! 

Parents
  • I expected to be neither happy nor unhappy, but I did not enjoy finding out that George Galloway lost his seat. I like him, he had teh temrity to make himself a human target during a gulf war which shows a nice mix of altruistic insanity and "character".

I did notice that in addition to the 4million "protest votes" an unusually large amount of people held the process and/or candidates on offer (correctly) in contempt and stayed at home. TAht did gladdenmy heart, only another 40% of the electorate need to "wake up" then the sham will finally be be universally seen as invalid. I wonder what game they will use next to conceal the identity of those who really run things...  

I'd love to be optimistic like some of you are, (even some of the oldies!) but in truth, I've watched too many governments and lately been exposed to too much "modern history", to manage that. 

Private Frazer I think says it best:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7NlFWh7Sz8

• I expected to be neither happy nor unhappy, but I did not enjoy finding out that George Galloway lost his seat. I like him, he had teh temrity to make himself a human target during a gulf war which shows a nice mix of altruistic insanity and "character".

I did notice that in addition to the 4million "protest votes" an unusually large amount of people held the process and/or candidates on offer (correctly) in contempt and stayed at home. TAht did gladdenmy heart, only another 40% of the electorate need to "wake up" then the sham will finally be be universally seen as invalid. I wonder what game they will use next to conceal the identity of those who really run things...  

I'd love to be optimistic like some of you are, (even some of the oldies!) but in truth, I've watched too many governments and lately been exposed to too much "modern history", to manage that. 

Private Frazer I think says it best:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7NlFWh7Sz8

Children
No Data