Are we happy with the general election result?

Just wondered if people on here are happy or unhappy at the general election result last week? I stayed up most of the night to watch the results come in. 

It would be wonderful if we could have a calm, logical, reasoned political discussion on here that doesn't result in anger, name calling and the mods locking the thread

Come on guys lets prove we can do it! 

Parents
  • ahh i bet alot of you who know me assume id be mad about it, im not, i could see labour would win so accepted it before as the reality. no need to reject reality.

but i dont see much change... as corbyn himself said the labour manifesto was tiny and it mostly mirrored the tory one offering little difference. one of the only differences that i liked was the nationalised energy company they plan to make, which im holding my hopes out for that it lowers energy costs and forces the private companies to lower theirs to compete.

all the rest of the policies are just the same as tory policies other than that.... aside from the destroying green belt protection laws in order to spam more housing estates.... that is one i personally dont like... and lefties once would have hated that too, i guess im more traditional left that modern day lefties are lol

• ahh i bet alot of you who know me assume id be mad about it, im not, i could see labour would win so accepted it before as the reality. no need to reject reality.

but i dont see much change... as corbyn himself said the labour manifesto was tiny and it mostly mirrored the tory one offering little difference. one of the only differences that i liked was the nationalised energy company they plan to make, which im holding my hopes out for that it lowers energy costs and forces the private companies to lower theirs to compete.

all the rest of the policies are just the same as tory policies other than that.... aside from the destroying green belt protection laws in order to spam more housing estates.... that is one i personally dont like... and lefties once would have hated that too, i guess im more traditional left that modern day lefties are lol

Children
  • aside from the destroying green belt protection laws in order to spam more housing estates

The irony of a party obsessed with environmental issues destroying the environment. The self contradictory nature of the left never ceases to amaze me. 

As for the new energy company, I fear it will be so called "green" energy so will probably raise our bills rather than reduce them. Again I hope Im wrong