Forgot about a meeting.

Forgot to add a meeting to my diary and missed it this morning. So cross with myself!

All this panic, stress and anxiety over the GE really reduced my cognitive function.

Does anyone else struggle with similar problems? Normally I’m super organised but when I feel threatened or stressed in life, I find it much harder to use my strategies to help me cope and my executive function goes out the window.

I’m feeling extremely guilty too as I mask a lot and most people don’t know about the difficulties I experience, so it will be really unexpected which makes it worse. Pensive

Thanks!

Parents
  • I struggle with these things every day and spend way more time at organizing, so I don't get tripped up, than the average bear. When I slip up, it rankles, of yes. I have come to terms with allowing more time for everything and not adding on more than is comfortable: like not having more than one medical appointment in the same week, get a small routines together that I can use to anchor. I still drop a plate now and then in my juggling act to keep up but I don't get mad at myself anymore for it.

A strange side effect of this is that, when I get it right and show up, at great mental cost, only for the other party to have gotten it wrong or that they triy to change it at "last minute"  I get very angry, inordinately so. This was more when I was younger and had few tools to cope. At those times I would seethe, go back to a private place and break things and let fly pointless invectives. 

This had been very hard for me to control - but - these days I have extra tools for that too that I have borrowed from Buddhism, Iching, meditation and binaural sound therapy on my headphones. The Dharma saved my life.

• Interesting, thank you for sharing.

Reply Children
No Data