How do I answer questions like this?

So I got an interview coming up for a post I applied for a few weeks ago. On the job description it said informal visit advised. So I booked a visit for today. I also said to the hiring manager in an email that I have autism and would love an idea on the structure of the interview so it would help calm my nerves, as this has helped me in the past. 

So during my visit today, she did ask about my autism and how she can help which was nice. But also asked me what caused me to seek a diagnosis, there must be something I was struggling with. I felt completely uncomfortable answering that. Then proceeds to ask if I am taking meds for it. I guess the last one threw me off a bit.

How do I answer questions like this?

The interview was with the NHS.

Parents
  • Walk away. The NHS is a truly horrible employer. 

Next thing you apply for, unless you are a really, really, obvious Autist who cannot mask, then DON'T TELL THEM up front.

Wait until the usual workplace bullying starts, then surprise them with it.. 

Edit: Iains advice might be a better way to go.

Life is long, employement periods (for us) are often short, heck try anything!  

• Walk away. The NHS is a truly horrible employer. 

Next thing you apply for, unless you are a really, really, obvious Autist who cannot mask, then DON'T TELL THEM up front.

Wait until the usual workplace bullying starts, then surprise them with it.. 

Edit: Iains advice might be a better way to go.

Life is long, employement periods (for us) are often short, heck try anything!  

Children
No Data