Alcohol and medication for autism???

Strange one for a Wednesday afternoon. 
so, I find when I drink alcohol it numbs my brain to my usual thoughts, I know it makes me more out going and has made me do crazy things in my life, what I’m wondering is, is there any medication that quietens the brain like alcohol does? So just quiets the noise and helps to switch off a bit? I find when I drink even if a few it helps my brain to switch off, I only have 4 cans once maybe twice per week with a space in between as I know this could end up as a problem but if there is anything else I would stop drinking altogether 

thanks people 

Parents
  • I’ve heard of so many similar stories like these from within the LGBT community, especially regarding younger gay men, self-medicating with drink and drugs and their lives been messed up as a consequence and some have even died way too young - this is in addition to so msny other self-destructive patterns of behaviour - it just shows the shortcomings in the approaches to mental health, which even in our supposedly more enlightened times, is sadly lacking, where mental health issues and disabilities like ours, are still not taken seriously and are still not considered as being sufficiently real - it is therefore quite reasonable for us to demand that we be taken seriously by those in power and that our disabilities are regarded as real in a supposedly civilised and caring society 

• I’ve heard of so many similar stories like these from within the LGBT community, especially regarding younger gay men, self-medicating with drink and drugs and their lives been messed up as a consequence and some have even died way too young - this is in addition to so msny other self-destructive patterns of behaviour - it just shows the shortcomings in the approaches to mental health, which even in our supposedly more enlightened times, is sadly lacking, where mental health issues and disabilities like ours, are still not taken seriously and are still not considered as being sufficiently real - it is therefore quite reasonable for us to demand that we be taken seriously by those in power and that our disabilities are regarded as real in a supposedly civilised and caring society 

Children
No Data