ASD Struggling with antidepressants & getting back to work

Hi,

I'm a newly diagnosed adult ASD Aspergers. Before the diagnosis I was put on anti depressants Venlaflaxine 300mg and Melatonin to sleep. I have been absent from work for 2 months now after my mask slipped and stayed off.  1)I have no idea if the Venlaflaxine is a contradiction to ASD 2) I can't even think about going back to work, the thought gives me butterflies in my stomach. 3) is there more appropriate meds for ASD suffering with high levels of anxiety. 4) what the hell do I do next?

Sorry if my question is unstructured. Bad day today and head is jumbled. 

Thank you

Ed

Parents
  • There doesn't seem to be any actual treatment going on, so no wonder you're not getting any better.

Without support and talking therapies, I'm not sure how anyone expects you to get any better.

To start with, try a self referal to your local Wellbeing team, and go from there.

• There doesn't seem to be any actual treatment going on, so no wonder you're not getting any better.

Without support and talking therapies, I'm not sure how anyone expects you to get any better.

To start with, try a self referal to your local Wellbeing team, and go from there.

Children