House Move Advice

I am moving home soon, I live alone and don’t have any friends or family to help me. The last move I did was over 5 years ago and I had my mum to help with everything. She did all the packing and sorting out removals.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to move and how I can make it less stressful for me?

Parents
  • Are using a removals firm, because often they will help you pack?

Put together a suitcase of clothes that you will need for the couple of days before and after moving, pack like you would for a weeks holiday.

Have a box or shopping bags for your immediate needs, kettle, tea/coffee, milk, mugs, bread and spread/s, breakfast stuff, plate, knife a spoon and bowl. Also a bag or box with your bedding, to be packed the moring you get up on moving day. Keep these with you, these essentials travel with you. Don't forget a wash bag either to go in your suitcase.

Everything else can be packed up and sorted at the other end. Label boxes with contents and which room they're going too. So something like, ornaments, living room, under sink contents, kitchen, cleaning stuff, bathroom.

Think about where in you new house things will go, some will be obvious, some less so.

• Thanks for the sharing 

Reply Children
No Data