Disabled Facilities Grant for Sound proofing

Has anyone had any luck gaining a Disabled Facilities Grant as an autistic person?

I have registered with my local health group for the grant and have spoken with a person for an initial outline of what I need the grant for.

I intend to request a grant to soundproof my bedroom due to my noise sensitivity. The bedroom backs onto a park, and I have had many issues with noise disturbances over the years, from foxes barking to antisocial noise, which have greatly impacted my quality of sleep.

I was told that I would be referred to an OT for assessment and that the council would need substantial evidence of why soundproofing is needed.

I hope that others can share their news and successes/failures and also if they were able to gain evidence.

Kind regards,

Jason

Parents
  • Hello,

I went through the assement process with my local council who then decided to let me know that soundproofing was not something they offered. My housing association then stepped in and a contractor came to apply soundproofing and move the electrics, skirting board and re-plaster the room. It has made such a difference to the sound levels and I sleep much better now. It has cost me a little space but worth it for more peace.    

• Hello,

I went through the assement process with my local council who then decided to let me know that soundproofing was not something they offered. My housing association then stepped in and a contractor came to apply soundproofing and move the electrics, skirting board and re-plaster the room. It has made such a difference to the sound levels and I sleep much better now. It has cost me a little space but worth it for more peace.    

Children
No Data