Anyone interested in Ancient and Medieval History?

I'd love people to share these interests with, but everybody keeps talking about world wars and the industrial revolution, which make my eyes glaze over. I like the ancient and prehistoric anyone else, or is this yet another one of my interests that nobody else shares?

Parents
  • I recently finished a trilogy of books by Joe Abercrombie which are set in a mediaval sort of environment with lots of politics, slavery, wars and subterfuge. Very well written and covers a lot of the issues of living in such a time / environment.

The books are Half A King, Half A War and Half A World.

They are actually set far in the future long after society decimated itself so there is a hint of sci-fi but it is kept to an absolute minimum and is really just a story plot item.

• I recently finished a trilogy of books by Joe Abercrombie which are set in a mediaval sort of environment with lots of politics, slavery, wars and subterfuge. Very well written and covers a lot of the issues of living in such a time / environment.

The books are Half A King, Half A War and Half A World.

They are actually set far in the future long after society decimated itself so there is a hint of sci-fi but it is kept to an absolute minimum and is really just a story plot item.

Children
No Data