New to the group and things I am aware of in 7 days

I recently joined the group 7 days ago and the first post I read was a dig at the over 60’s. These people have lived with conditions that go back years, like myself.

Imagin living the majority of your life knowing that something was wrong. but no one could tell you what it was. The younger generation are lucky that Autism is picked up more quickly these days.

We didn’t have the internet or mobile phone when were young, you were branded into two camps you were either a problem child or your simple. Back then this is how you were treated. Stupid or bad child.

What I am saying is treat these people with respect, some that is sadly lacking in some of the youth today. They carry a vast amount of knowledge and experience of autism, try asking them how they managed to survive all those years not knowing what was wrong with them, no guidance or help of any sort.

I have spent all of my life not feeling I belonged in this society or world and lots of things happened because of that. (pm me if your interested in the bad old days.

Parents Reply Children
No Data