I'd like to see more nature

I went for two long walks today and these are my thoughts.

Walking deep into nature can be refreshing but it can get boring too. Sometimes being too far away from people and civilisation is lonely. On the other hand, too much of civilisation can be stressful and feel claustrophobic.

One of the favourite bits of my walk today was after going through a few suburbs I came across a little forest that's been preserved in the middle of suburbia. I walked into it and I was still within earshot of the main road and constant traffic but the trees shaded me from view and deflected most of the noise.

It was so peaceful and calm. I ate a packet of crisps and felt happy. Then I wandered back out and noticed how much happier I seemed to feel than everyone around me and it was because I'd had a litlte daydream in that forest for ten minutes.

I'd like to see more such places in neighbourhoods the length and breadth of the United Kingdom.

• I think ther are more and more pocket parks springing up, places where nature can thrive and people can recharge their batteries. I'm the opposite to you, I like the wild places, the sheer vastness of it all and the sense of isolation from other humans and  their noises, asking the gods for help in finding the right direction and a ram appearing out of nowhere and leading me away from a bog and back to the road. There's so much more to comunication with nature, it speaks, but we've forgotten how to listen and hear.

• i prefer to be farther away from traffic...

place i used to walk where i lived with parents they had a wood and traffic wasnt loud, so it was quiet and stress free, you could hear the birds and the wind blowing the trees and that is all. nice and quiet.

place i live is closer to town and there is always that roar of traffic everywhere even in woodlands when you cant see it, it adds stress, it destroys any attempt to escape.