My issue with DSM-5-TR's ASD criteria.

Does the Broad Autism Phenotype blur the differences between people with ASD and normal persons with autistic traits? To what extent does the Broad Autism Phenotype manifest into ASD and should get diagnosed as a young or older adult?

The problem I have with the DSM-5-TR diagnostic criteria for ASD is this “C. Symptoms must be present in the early developmental period (but may not become fully manifest until social demands exceed limited capacities, or may be masked by learned strategies in later life).”
  • People with ASD are autistic people Thinking

It's up to you to decide whether to seek a formal diagnosis. Some of us on here are self diagnosed, doesn't really matter.

It can be difficult for adults to identify autistic "symptoms" in the early developmental period. I thought I was a " normal " child, although I didn't have many friends and my friend groups changed often during my school years, I was very sensitive and didn't always get jokes, and preferred books to social events with my peers.

If you ask more specific questions, we might be able to advise more about whether you have Autistic traits, but the best initial screening test for adults is the AQ50, which is available online.