Bank Account and photo identification

I have recently been made an appointee for my brother and I have been asked to set up a bank account for him.

I am not sure where exactly where to begin with this as this was previously dealt with by the company that used to care for him.

He is non-verbal and unable to communicate properly so bringing him to the bank to open the account is not an option.  He also does not currently hold any photo ID as we have not previously required this for anything but I am sure that I would need a passport or something in the lines of photo identification to get an account set up. Again, I don't think that it would be an option to bring him to get a passport photo taken.

I would be very grateful for any advice around opening an account and how to go about obtaining photo ID for him. I feel very out of my depth with this.

Parents
  • You can take passport photos at home these days, as long as you follow all the guidance, so it might be possible to apply for a passport for him. Once you have that proving ID should be easy.

• You can take passport photos at home these days, as long as you follow all the guidance, so it might be possible to apply for a passport for him. Once you have that proving ID should be easy.

Children
No Data