Your non-stereotypical special interests

Depends on your definition of stereotypical.

I'm into boybands, as I've mentioned on here. People definitely don't think it when they look at me (relatively young male of South Asian descent); one person said that he thought I might have been more into Stormzy.

Parents
  • I design knitwear, play and compose music, listen to all kinds of music from classical, jazz, musicals, ska, metal, electronica, build Lego, draw, cook to a limited extent, read fiction (crime, adventure, sci-fi not fantasy, historical, translations especially Japanese fiction), watching ballet, watching box sets end-to-end. I have magnets on the fridge but I wouldn't say it's an obsession, I don't bring one back wherever I go. I have too much stationery, and more wool than I can ever knit.

Also dabbled in making paper, sewing, making cards, reading about bridge architecture, space, clouds and snowflakes. I collected coins as a child because my dad got them from passengers on his bus. Learned to speak Italian at night class.

Categorise them as you wish.

• I design knitwear, play and compose music, listen to all kinds of music from classical, jazz, musicals, ska, metal, electronica, build Lego, draw, cook to a limited extent, read fiction (crime, adventure, sci-fi not fantasy, historical, translations especially Japanese fiction), watching ballet, watching box sets end-to-end. I have magnets on the fridge but I wouldn't say it's an obsession, I don't bring one back wherever I go. I have too much stationery, and more wool than I can ever knit.

Also dabbled in making paper, sewing, making cards, reading about bridge architecture, space, clouds and snowflakes. I collected coins as a child because my dad got them from passengers on his bus. Learned to speak Italian at night class.

Categorise them as you wish.

Children