Never received diagnosis letter

Hello 

sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area i am new here. 

I was diagnosed with autism level 1 a few years ago. However the company never sent me or the doctors a letter so there is no formal diagnosis. 

it was with lancashire autism services/btss.org. 

I emailed a lot over the years as the phone line had been cut off. 

The doctors cannot help or advise what to do. the reason I have left it so long is because I have never needed the document however I am starting university in September and they have asked if I have it.

I am not sure if I will need to go through another diagnosis to obtain this. 

Just wondered if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone has any tips 

thanks 

Parents
  • It may be worth contacting https://www.autismlancs.org in case they have taken over the work from the other organisation.

Another option could be to ask your GP if the diagnosis is on file with them - it may have been registered with the NHS (bit of a long shot though).

Lastly if you can remember who took you through the assessment then find their contact details and look them up to ask if they have a record of your diagnosis or can advise who to chase for the records.

If none of this works out then you probably need to be re-diagnosed and the only way to get this done quickly is privately.

• It may be worth contacting https://www.autismlancs.org in case they have taken over the work from the other organisation.

Another option could be to ask your GP if the diagnosis is on file with them - it may have been registered with the NHS (bit of a long shot though).

Lastly if you can remember who took you through the assessment then find their contact details and look them up to ask if they have a record of your diagnosis or can advise who to chase for the records.

If none of this works out then you probably need to be re-diagnosed and the only way to get this done quickly is privately.

Children
No Data