Too much in my head

Been a while since I posted on here, but I just need advise or help, or something.

My head feels like it’s going to explode. I can’t express anything, it’s all just locked up inside. I have a fear response to sharing as I think I’ll be judged or ruin friendships/relationships. I even don’t feel comfortable sharing with my counsellor. Honestly, I just feel a bit desperate and lost. I watch people succeed in life and achieve what they want while my dreams feel so distant impossibilities that people won’t acknowledge even if I did express them.

I feel very on the edge at the moment. I’m 31 but feel like I have no time left in life to get to where I want to be. 

I feel desperately alone most of the time. I want to feel alive.

Parents
  • Hi Daniel, 

I found life at your age difficult - feeling judged, feeling lost, feeling that I hadn't achieved much. I had to really think about what I wanted in life and how to achieve it. In my 40s and 50s I did so much more than I had in my 20s & 30s - I gained Accountancy and Social Sciences diplomas and an English Language teaching certificate, learned how to use excel spreadsheets, did training in communication skills, assertiveness, team leadership and presentation skills, and travelled to various other countries on holidays.

Is there anything you can think of that made you feel alive in your past? Or something that really engrossed you and helped you "switch off"? Sometimes people stop doing things when they are older that might be seen as "childish" such as playing videogames, reading comics, Lego, jigsaw puzzles, building model.railways, etc. But if you enjoy doing something like that, just do it - your happiness is more important than what society thinks.

Autistic people are often self directed learners, so you might enjoy an online course you can do at home at your own pace, and there might be one which interests you that could give you useful skills or knowledge to help with starting a new career.

If you want any feedback on ideas, post them here and we'll do our best to help.

• Hi Daniel, 

I found life at your age difficult - feeling judged, feeling lost, feeling that I hadn't achieved much. I had to really think about what I wanted in life and how to achieve it. In my 40s and 50s I did so much more than I had in my 20s & 30s - I gained Accountancy and Social Sciences diplomas and an English Language teaching certificate, learned how to use excel spreadsheets, did training in communication skills, assertiveness, team leadership and presentation skills, and travelled to various other countries on holidays.

Is there anything you can think of that made you feel alive in your past? Or something that really engrossed you and helped you "switch off"? Sometimes people stop doing things when they are older that might be seen as "childish" such as playing videogames, reading comics, Lego, jigsaw puzzles, building model.railways, etc. But if you enjoy doing something like that, just do it - your happiness is more important than what society thinks.

Autistic people are often self directed learners, so you might enjoy an online course you can do at home at your own pace, and there might be one which interests you that could give you useful skills or knowledge to help with starting a new career.

If you want any feedback on ideas, post them here and we'll do our best to help.

Children
No Data