National Service

I see this old chestnut has come to the fore again. I can see problems with it.

Does the military want all these people for a year or so and what will they do with them?

If people are made to volunteer for things like life boats, special constables and library assistants, will it mean that the training for such things will outlast the service time?

Will real jobs be at risk because people are volunteering?

If theres no sanctions how will they make people do it?

Will it mean that those currently on benefits will be sanctioned for not "doing their bit"?

Will this idea have mission creep? If not enough people volunteer, will some kind of sanction be imposed?

It all sounds desperate to me, like a political party flailing about to find vote winning policies that are ill thought out.

It won't come in until 2029 anyway, just in time for another election, hmmm?

Parents
  • I think it’s a good idea but why does it have to take so long. It will help people find employment and could possibly help tackle anti social behaviour. What I want to know is why do these things take so long if someone says they want to do something then do it.

• because its bait for votes.....  the rwanda stuff too only will happen when you vote in the tories.

see? .... have all these ideas and plans, hey, if you want them, you have to first vote us in and ensure were gonna stay in power.... if not... labour wont do any of this... basically... its all just vote nonsense... then theres a chance they wont do any of it when you vote them in anyway lol 

• because its bait for votes.....  the rwanda stuff too only will happen when you vote in the tories.

see? .... have all these ideas and plans, hey, if you want them, you have to first vote us in and ensure were gonna stay in power.... if not... labour wont do any of this... basically... its all just vote nonsense... then theres a chance they wont do any of it when you vote them in anyway lol 

Children
  • Income tax is supopsed to be optional you know. It was bought in to finance a war and never rescinded. 

was to kill napoleon wasnt it? ... napoleon is long dead and we are still paying this tax to kill him lol

• nah they wont tax the parents... theyd do as they usually do and get someone else to pay for someone else... so single dudes would be taxed to fund this free training for some random adults kids.... thats more likely.... most obnoxious style, the person taxed isnt even benefitting from it, its someone elses kids. thats how it will be... the parents of the kids receiving the free training and benefit wont be taxed.

• Income tax is supopsed to be optional you know. It was bought in to finance a war and never rescinded. 

I prefer to work as a contractor and (NOT) pay my own income tax.

It's been about 20 years now since the tax people sent me any paperwork, because guess what?

If you simply do not reply, they give up. As do the speeding fines people, TV licence, road tax etc. 

They are so used to the sheep co-operating in their own fleecing that there seems to be no interest in people like me who refuse to engage or pay for their own brainwashig and enslavement.

PAY for a BBC licence? Haven't done that EVER as far as I can recollect. There was always alternative activities that didn't fill my mind with rubbish and demand that I PAY for that "service".. 

Some department wrote me a letter the other day inviting me to pay them 62 quid because I've not taxed nor sorned my vehicle. I bet you lot would be RUSHING to give it to them.

ME, not so much. MOLON LABE MF's!!

And they never do follow it up.  Actually after three years of being ignored the T.V licence people eventually sent a man out to see me. HE caught me on a bad day and made the mistake of HAMMERING on my door.

I made him an offer that he sensibly refused, and in fact ran away quickly before I made good on it. (Which I would have, happily).

Army training on how and when to fight, for the win...

Them private parking people? IGNORE THE LETTERS. IF they clamp yrou car, walk past it and return late at night with the tools neccesary to cut it off. Are they going to post a guard on your car overnight? NO. (In my case, I returned at 23:300 hrs to find that the clamp had been removed, so I didn't even need the tools).

PUSH BACK or comply with the endless robbery and financial death by a thousand cuts, IT IS A CHOICE YOU MAKE.

• the government don't have any money (they never do) so they need to use ours

Well indeed. 

And that's why we currently have the highest tax burden in 70 years - it's about 37% I believe. 

• A National Service tax would be levied on parents to pay for it. 

That is exactly how it works - the government don't have any money (they never do) so they need to use ours.

• because its bait for votes.

Exactly what it is.

If enacted, it would be unrecognizable from the votes catching rhetoric. 

We'd have 30k (probably less in reality) of 'the brightest and the best' placed in non-combat training. We could expect these 18 year olds to be privately educated.

The rest would work for free in the care sector.

A National Service tax would be levied on parents to pay for it.