National Service

I see this old chestnut has come to the fore again. I can see problems with it.

Does the military want all these people for a year or so and what will they do with them?

If people are made to volunteer for things like life boats, special constables and library assistants, will it mean that the training for such things will outlast the service time?

Will real jobs be at risk because people are volunteering?

If theres no sanctions how will they make people do it?

Will it mean that those currently on benefits will be sanctioned for not "doing their bit"?

Will this idea have mission creep? If not enough people volunteer, will some kind of sanction be imposed?

It all sounds desperate to me, like a political party flailing about to find vote winning policies that are ill thought out.

It won't come in until 2029 anyway, just in time for another election, hmmm?

Parents
  • As long as those kids won't be sent to war; then fine.

However, if the DemoPervs win the US Election, World-War-Three will be upon us; with the Possibility of 'Princess' Meghan as President.

And, should Labour romp home in July, we'll become even more supine.

• Desmond you do make me laugh!

• To be fair, Brussels imposing straight cucumbes on us was sorted out a few years back now with a thing called Brexit.

Our cultural destruction and demographic replacement are now so "baked in" that "right wing" (or even centrist!)  fear has long since been replaced with despair and disengagement. 

We already have reasonable levels of public services, the problem is the "quality" of those services has been allowed to plummet across the board.

Buying more rubbish quality people and kit led by self serving and ineffectvive "management" ain't going to cut it either. 

This country neither "produces" nor "steals" effectively any more, and has been effectively selling all it's assets since 1980. The "reckoning" (I believe) won't be long now...  

• The far right demagogues only work through fear, they play on fears of foreigners in little boats, of people 'talking foreign' on the bus, the fear that Brussels will impose straight cucumbers on us, the fear that reasonable levels of public services will mean more taxation etc., etc. I much prefer hope, hope that things will improve, if only a little.

• The far right demagogues only work through fear, they play on fears of foreigners in little boats, of people 'talking foreign' on the bus, the fear that Brussels will impose straight cucumbers on us, the fear that reasonable levels of public services will mean more taxation etc., etc. I much prefer hope, hope that things will improve, if only a little.

Children
  • To be fair, Brussels imposing straight cucumbes on us was sorted out a few years back now with a thing called Brexit.

Our cultural destruction and demographic replacement are now so "baked in" that "right wing" (or even centrist!)  fear has long since been replaced with despair and disengagement. 

We already have reasonable levels of public services, the problem is the "quality" of those services has been allowed to plummet across the board.

Buying more rubbish quality people and kit led by self serving and ineffectvive "management" ain't going to cut it either. 

This country neither "produces" nor "steals" effectively any more, and has been effectively selling all it's assets since 1980. The "reckoning" (I believe) won't be long now...