Contradictions

This is just an extension of things not making sense to us.

I've known of people telling me that as an adult, friendships are very different and hanging out together and having a fun time isn't something people have the time for. At the same time, I'd see photos of them on Instagram at a theme park or basking in the sunshine or whatever, and fairly regularly.

I get it, adult friendships ARE different to those you had as a child, but I don't get why people tended to discourage me, or made me feel bad for wanting those experiences.

Especially as I didn't get to have much of them as a child so there's a degree of "wanting to make up for it" now, as someone in my mid 20s.

I'm sure someone will tell me that I'm reading into it too much, or I've misinterpreted it. 

Parents
  • I had this feeling too. I suffered from having no friends and wondered what’s wrong with me and cried a lot. Now it’s kinda easier for me. I just don’t care anymore. I found some other things to enjoy. And I consciously chose to avoid places that are uncomfortable for me, such as crowded, noisy smelly etc. 

• I had this feeling too. I suffered from having no friends and wondered what’s wrong with me and cried a lot. Now it’s kinda easier for me. I just don’t care anymore. I found some other things to enjoy. And I consciously chose to avoid places that are uncomfortable for me, such as crowded, noisy smelly etc. 

Children
No Data